Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Answer Backers

My daughter purchased a really cute book - Mrs. Piggly Wiggle (or something like that). For some reason she loves this book that is all about an old fashioned woman who has cures to children's bad behavior. I hope all this reading rubs off.

One of the problems: answer backers - or talk backers was my favorite - because I have one at home. It's kids that are "sassy" at an early age and always talk back - my kids do that most when they don't get what they want - and being a working mom, who's tired a lot, I'll admit, I give in... a lot.

Now, one of our cleaning ladies once told us - you guys are at the age of most grandparents - and you're acting like grandparents - spoiling your children!! Nice. But have to admit, I got her point.

So today I read this article, "Five Secrets To Stop The Entitlement Epidemic" http://bit.ly/bYERxe from TodayMOMs and got some good advice - it's either do as they say here, or follow Mrs. Piggly Wiggle's advice...get a parrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment